Monday, March 5, 2018

Scrapbooking the art of film

Hello! The month of February came and went pretty fast. I did a lot of scrapbooking, so I wanted to start sharing what I did.

This next layout I wanted to share since its inspiration, Guillermo del Toro won the Oscar last night. We've seen some of his films, and last year an exhibit of his personal art and inspiration went on exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Art. The boys and I got tickets and went, and it was worth every penny. Here's the page:


The walls in the exhibit were bright, bloody red, and the ceiling was black, so I chose that for my page. I dug into my Halloween stash for nondescript creepy and somewhat amusing products--since so much of his work is comic inspired, the whimsical items seemed appropriate.


A lot of the things in the exhibit were things you did not want to turn your back on. For example, those eyeballs in the entrance gateway blinked. The boys didn't want to stand in front of them because they could hear them closing and opening. The H.P. Lovecraft statue looked real, which was really unsettling too.


Another uncomfortable turning-our-backs moment: that hologram in the lower right. Yikes.

Here's some close-ups of the embellishment clusters in particular:


Those flair buttons my husband got me when he traveled to London and visited the Globe theater; they mostly reference the Scottish play, which starts with witches, so I loved using them on this page.


This photo might be my favorite. I'm glad I captured the boys underneath the arm of the Pale Man. It just looks cool.


I used a lot of Pebbles (the chalk speech bubble), October Afternoon (labels and brads), 7Gypsies (vintage stickers), and Bella Blvd (most words and cute images).


To create the design, I added the strips on the bottom, then created the photo collage on the right. I had many fewer photos on the left, so I arranged them the best way I could, leaving space for title and journaling.

And that is my creepy page of creepy photos from a fun time at the art museum. And congratulations to Guillermo del Toro for his Oscars win!

No comments: