Thursday, February 15, 2018

Two-page layouts: starting by sorting

Hello! I have spent the last month with several tasks. Professionally, I read many student arguments, commented on them, and conferenced with the students. I also have a student teacher, who is doing fine work. Personally, I visited my home to see my dad, who is in rehab after a stroke two months ago. While there (and stuck in Detroit because of our mammoth snow in Minnesota on my way home!) I read a few books: Arcadia, The Art Forger, and Underground Airlines (I'm in the middle of four more: Rabbit, The Snow Child, V is for Vengeance, and The Ladies' Room). I also scrapped, more slowly than I wished. Here I'd like to share a bit of what I did.

First: I scrapped autumn photos, most of which were two-page layout amounts. I liked scrapping these warm photos in this bitterly cold month! To prepare, I sorted my die cuts into a hanging file holder by color. When I saw dies that were autumn themed, I put them aside to use on these autumn spreads. Here's the first one I made:


The autumn dies I put aside to use were the Elle's Studio journaling tag, the Pebbles circle and hearts, and the words. My son picked out the background paper, which was nice. I think he did a good job of selecting paper for this walk in the arboretum. Here's some closer looks:



I picked the Voluptate font for the title because it matched the die cut words so well. Looking back, I wished I'd adhered the FAMILY a bit lower, but it's fine as it is.


And that's my first of three two-page layouts! All of them started by my sorting and putting aside die cuts that were autumn themed. Later this week I'll share the rest of the pages, plus some news about an exciting restart in the crafting world!